Product Creation and Development
The Upper Chamber Assy is a highly complex electro-mechanical system integrating high temperature process gas and DI water flow in an absolutely clean environment. The system includes these features:
1. Uniform, high temperature side-wall gas flow (concept - patent pending)
2. Dual Hand-Off mechanism for transfer of discs from wet nest (attached to the primary servo lifter) to dry fingers (attached to a synchronized pair of servo motors) with zero particle generation. This level of cleanliness is achieved with the use of metal pivot flexures (instead of particle generating ball bearings or bushings) and SS Bellows (used as air cylinders) inside the process area. This entire gripper mechanism is capable of being installed/removed automatically (with the aid of a fixture and the main lifter) and a quick disconnect N2 line).
3. Sliding quartz window/cover driven by a stepper motor.
4. "Six O'clock Drip" removal utilizing a wicking mechanism based on semi-submerged floating features that are part of the wet nest assy (concept - patent pending).
The Dryer Module also includes the following:
1. N2 Plumbing Tray - heated (120 C), filtered (0.003 micron) and regulated (mass flow controllers) the N2 gas that was used in the drying process.
2. DI Water Tray - heated (90 C), filtered (0.02 micron), and controlled re-circulation, fill and drain functions that was used prior to the drying process.
3. Horizontal Transfer - servo driven mechanism for transporting 100 discs into and out of the Dryer Module.
4. Disc Lift Assy - pneumatic driven assy to transfer discs from Horizontal Transfer to cassettes on the Elevator.
4. Elevator Assy with Conveyor - servo driven vertical assy and horizontal stepper driven assy for transporting cassettes up and down in the Module.
5. Conveyors - various conveyors including a turntable for moving cassettes into and out of the Dryer Module.
6. Control Panel – PLC, temp controllers, VFDs, pneumatic valves, etc.